October 15, 23 Contemplation

 Word of the day:  Contemplation.  Richard Rohr writes in today’s daily reflections that:

“ Contemplation, in non-mystified language, is the ability to meet Reality in its most simple and direct form. When I let go of my judgments, my agenda, my emotive life, my attachment to my positive or negative self-image, I am naked, poor, and ready for The Big Truths. Without some form of contemplative surrender, I see little hope for breakthrough, for new ground, for moving beyond ideologies, the small mind, and the clutching ego.”

So, Action requires contemplation in order to do the right thing.  A year ago, I had left my spiritual Camino walk in Spain 🇪🇸 due to a hacking cough and high fever.  It provided me time to contemplate the nature of this spiritual journey. 

Eileen and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon with her friend Andrea and daughter Lola! Family is truly the most important gift we have.  And it extends beyond blood relatives.  But, Eileen had her wallet stolen on the crowded bus!  So that put a damper on the day’. I had attempted to attend church that morning, but the gates were locked!
During the Camino, we had 2 hours of walking in silence.  My best gift from that, was to continue an hour of silence every morning.  I no longer rush to NPR to hear the latest daily drudgery of our endless wars and the slaughter of innocents for the glory of the powerful!

  So, staying in Barcelona, allowed me time for quiet,  solitude, and true reflection. I realize now, that God is found in our everyday simple tasks of daily living.  As long as we are open and willing to listen! 

                     JEEZ LOUISE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vermouth in Barcelona

October 25, Day 20 Creation

October 24, Day 19 EARTH