February 6, Isaiah 58

 Sunday mass readings included Isaiah58, one of my favorite passages.  S/he calls us to “Cry aloud, do not hold back.”  I must recognize that fasting means nothing unless I change my attitude and deeds.

6. Is not this the fast that I choose: 

jto loose the bonds of wickedness, 

to undo the straps kof the yoke, 

to let the oppressed2 go free, 

and to break every yoke? 

 7  Is it not lto share your bread with the hungry 

and bring the homeless poor into your house; 

when you see the naked, to cover him, 

mand not to hide yourself from your own flesh?


So, I must change my ways to serve those most in need.  Then and only then:


8  nThen shall your light break forth like the dawn, 

oand your healing shall spring up speedily; 

pyour righteousness shall go before you; 

qthe glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. 

 9  Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; 

you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’

A large task indeed, 

            !jeez Louise!

                            Sunday drive!
                              Always a tree!
We took a cogwheel train to the top of Pikes Peak,        14,000 feet high!
And I did feel closer to my creator!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vermouth in Barcelona

November 1, Day 27, Finale!

October 25, Day 20 Creation